OPEN DATE: December 17, 2020 LOCATION: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
POSITION STATUS: Casual HOURS: Shifts will vary within clinic operating hours
Be a part of something bigger – we have opportunities for professionals who want to join a company passionate about delivering unrivalled medical imaging care. Using state-of-the-art technology, our expert team is truly committed to improving patient outcomes in a safe and comfortable environment. A leading provider, Mayfair Diagnostics offers a range of screening, diagnostic, and interventional procedures in Calgary, Cochrane, Regina, and Saskatoon.
Our mission at Mayfair is to improve people's lives, one focused image and one caring compassionate human touch at a time.
Mayfair Diagnostics is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911.
How Our Employees Describe Mayfair:
· I feel connected to my team. My role is valued.
· I am empowered to try new things.
· I have the opportunity to do what I do best.
· I enjoy coming to work every day and see a future here.
· I have a sense of pride in our company and I tell others that I’m glad to be at Mayfair.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) team supports the overall mission, vision, and values of Mayfair Diagnostics. Our mission is to improve people’s lives, one focused image and one caring, compassionate human touch at a time. Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. These are achieved through our values of excellence, curiosity, passion, collaboration, and service.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in an environment housing state-of-the-art technology in a progressive proactive health environment. We work in a team environment founded on cooperation and a positive work place. This position provides an important opportunity to promote the services offered by Mayfair Diagnostics. It is often the first point of contact with patients, clients, physicians, radiologists, and employees.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist is responsible for operating the MRI scanner(s), accessory equipment, and performing examinations in accordance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta standards and guidelines while adhering to CAMRT standards of practice and code of ethics.
What you will achieve in this role:
· Provides quality assurance in the care of the patient
· Ensures accuracy of consultation request is verified in all cases without error
· Ensures that there are no errors in patient identification
· Ensures complete and accurate patient screening
· Explains the procedure to patients
· Assists patients to facilitate transport and positions
· Ensures that all patient needs are fulfilled as they arise
· Ensures patient confidentiality at all times
· Fulfills requisitions for MR imaging services to patients without delay
· Performs routine performance checks on equipment functions. Reports non-operational equipment or equipment failure to the site manager or Infrastructure
· Ensures that materials, procedure area, and patients are prepared for the procedure
· Coordinates the attending physician present for all contrast examinations, to ensure they are all properly supervised, and safely carried out
· Ensures that departmental imaging quality standards are maintained
· Assists in orientating and evaluating new employees to routines and standards
· Performs examinations in the allocated time
· Participates in educational programs, seminars, in-services, and workshops deemed appropriate
Performs some non-technical duties:
· Ensures that relevant prior exams are available for reporting
· Maintains an ongoing familiarity with office duties and performing those duties when necessary to assist reception
· Documents all instances of injury or incident utilizing appropriate report forms
· Performs other non-technical duties as assigned by the manager
· Performs other related duties as required
What you will bring to this position:
· Certification in MRI technology from an accredited college or university
· Active credentials and membership in good standing with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT), Basic Cardiac Life Support CPR/First Aid and IV certification is required
· Technically inclined and easily adaptable to new equipment and protocols
· Ability to be trained and work on different MRI scanners
· Excellent interpersonal, versatility, and communication skills
· Ability to be a team player with the ability to work independently
· Must be perceptive, have initiative, good judgment, and concern for detail and accuracy
· Computer skills in various computer applications such as Microsoft Office suite are beneficial
Mayfair Diagnostics (formerly Radiology Consultants Associated) is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911. Mayfair offers private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations, and proudly serves more than 700,000 patients and provides more than 90,000 teleradiolgy interpretations each year.
Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. We are focused on the needs of our local communities in partnership with physicians and hospitals. We know that our employees are the key to our company's success and future growth. If you're a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best, and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.
Mayfair Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. Accommodations for disability-related needs throughout the recruitment and selection process are available upon request. Any information provided by you for accommodations will be kept confidential and won’t be used in the selection process.
Mayfair collects, uses, and discloses your personal information in accordance with the provisions set out in Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA). These provisions may include but are not limited to:
· Confirm certifications and qualifications
· Perform reference checks
· Contacting candidates to schedule zoom, telephone, and in-person interviews
· On successful employment, transfer of relevant information provided to create an employee record in Dayforce, our Human Resources Information System
· Upon hire, submit background screening through a third-party provider, Sterling Talent Solutions.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted If you are interested in this position, please apply at www.radiology.ca/careers